Friday, February 21, 2020, 06:30pm
A new program called "Chapters for Charity" which is our adults-only version of "Battle of the Books". The event will take place on Friday, Feb. 21 at 6:30pm in the Main Library Auditorium.
The basics of the event:
- Adults 18+ can form teams of up to 5 people.
- Registration is required and there is an entry fee of $5 per team member
- This event is limited to 20 teams. Those who want to participate, but don't have other team members can either play as a team of 1 or form a team with other single players on the day of the event.
- Each team will choose a charity to play for. They can choose from a list of local charities or select a 501c3 nonlibrary literacy charity of their choice. There is a list of charities on the back of the rules sheet.
- The winning team's charity will receive a donation of the total entry fees for the event.
- We've selected 5 books from different genres which teams must read.
- The battle will be conducted pub-trivia style.
- Staff members are welcome to form teams and participate.
- All of this information can be found at farmlib.org/chapters-for-charity
- For Registration form click HERE
- For Rules Click HERE
Checking out the "Chapters for Charity" books to participants
- We've selected 5 books from different genres for this event. The trivia questions for the Chapters for Charity Battle will be based off of these 5 books.
- Copies of the books are available at the Adult Reference Desks at FH and FA. At FH they will be kept on shelf 15 behind the Information Desk.
- Participants can check out up to 2 books at a time. We won't be tracking this. We will be relying on the honor system.
- Do not check the book out to the patron. All you need to do is sign it out to them. There is a sign out sheet for each title on the shelf by the Chapters for Charity books. Please be sure to include their name, phone number, book number, date and your initials. When they return the book, please cross it off of the sign out sheet list.
If you have questions about any of this, please see Jill Baker, Merry Beth Tacy, Jen Hassell, Shira Pilarski or Jennie Willard.
Location Farmington Hills Main Library, 32737 W 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48334